[Neuroimaging] [Dipy] Raise minimal version of scipy to 0.10 or even 0.12?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 14:10:24 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Ariel Rokem <arokem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> For the IVIM implementation, we might want to raise the minimal version of
> scipy to at least 0.10 (see recent comments in
> https://github.com/nipy/dipy/pull/1110).
>
> Even better, if we raise the minimal required version to 0.12, we can get
> rid of some of the special-casing in dipy.core.optimize.
>
> Scipy 0.10 was released in 2011 and scipy 0.12 was released in April 2013.

I just checked the scipy package versions via Docker:

apt-get update && apt-cache policy python-scipy

* Ubuntu 12.04 (supported until Fall 2017): 0.9.0
* Ubuntu 14.04 (Fall 2019) : 0.13.3
* Debian Wheezy (May 2018) : 0.10.1
* Debian Jessie (May 2020) : 0.14.0-2

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS
https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

This just FYI.  I could see an argument for going beyond some of
those, given that wheels are available for scipy now.

Cheers,

Matthew