[Neuroimaging] [Dipy] Raise minimal version of scipy to 0.10 or even 0.12?

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:31:32 EDT 2016

Thanks for looking these up and thanks Gael for your input.

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 11:14 AM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 11:10:24AM -0700, Matthew Brett wrote:
> > > Scipy 0.10 was released in 2011 and scipy 0.12 was released in April
> 2013.
>
> > I just checked the scipy package versions via Docker:
>
> > apt-get update && apt-cache policy python-scipy
>
> > * Ubuntu 12.04 (supported until Fall 2017): 0.9.0
> > * Ubuntu 14.04 (Fall 2019) : 0.13.3
> > * Debian Wheezy (May 2018) : 0.10.1
> > * Debian Jessie (May 2020) : 0.14.0-2
>
> > This just FYI.  I could see an argument for going beyond some of
> > those, given that wheels are available for scipy now.
>
> Well, that's still a cost to the users (if I update my scipy, I need to
> reaudit my numerical codes).

Sounds like the safest, least obtrusive would be to continue supporting 0.9
for another year or so (And 0.10 for another year after that), but that it
wouldn't be scandalous to drop support for these even earlier.

Cheers,

Ariel