[Neuroimaging] ANN: DIPY 0.12.0 release

Eleftherios Garyfallidis elef at indiana.edu
Sat Jul 1 21:33:31 EDT 2017

We are excited to announce a new public release of Diffusion Imaging in
Python (DIPY).

DIPY 0.12 (Tuesday, 26 June 2017)

This release received contributions from 48 developers (the full release
notes are at: http://nipy.org/dipy/release0.12.html)

Highlights of this release include:

- IVIM Simultaneous modeling of perfusion and diffusion.
- MAPL, tissue microstructure estimation using Laplacian-regularized
MAP-MRI.
- DKI-based microstructural modelling.
- Free water diffusion tensor imaging.
- Denoising using Local PCA.
- Streamline-based registration (SLR).
- Fiber to bundle coherence (FBC) measures.
- Bayesian MRF-based tissue classification.
- New API for integrated user interfaces.
- New hdf5 file (.pam5) for saving reconstruction results.
- Interactive slicing of images, ODFs and peaks.
- Updated API to support latest numpy versions.
- New system for automatically generating command line interfaces.
- Faster computation of cross correlation for image registration.

To upgrade, run the following command in your terminal:
<http://dipy.org/release0.10.html>

pip install --upgrade dipy

or

conda install -c conda-forge dipy

This version of DIPY depends on the latest version of nibabel (2.1.0).

For any questions go to http://dipy.org, or send an e-mail to
neuroimaging at python.org

We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at
https://gitter.im/nipy/dipy

On behalf of the DIPY developers,

Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro

http://dipy.org/developers.html