[Neuroimaging] ANN: DIPY 0.12.0 release

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Mon Jul 3 23:30:05 EDT 2017

Congrats!

could those example docs be autogenerated for each release?

wget -O ../tarballs/dipy_0.12.0.orig-doc-examples.tar.gz \
    http://nipy.sourceforge.net/dipy/dipy-0.12.0-doc-examples.tar.gz
    --2017-07-03 23:29:09--
    http://nipy.sourceforge.net/dipy/dipy-0.12.0-doc-examples.tar.gz
    Resolving nipy.sourceforge.net (nipy.sourceforge.net)...
    216.34.181.96
    Connecting to nipy.sourceforge.net
    (nipy.sourceforge.net)|216.34.181.96|:80... connected.
    2017-07-03 23:29:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.

On Sun, 02 Jul 2017, Eleftherios Garyfallidis wrote:

>    We are excited to announce a new public release of Diffusion Imaging in
>    Python (DIPY).

>    DIPY 0.12 (Tuesday, 26 June 2017)

>    This release received contributions from 48 developers (the full release
>    notes are at: http://nipy.org/dipy/release0.12.html)

>    Highlights of this release include:

>    - IVIM Simultaneous modeling of perfusion and diffusion.
>    - MAPL, tissue microstructure estimation using Laplacian-regularized
>    MAP-MRI.
>    - DKI-based microstructural modelling.
>    - Free water diffusion tensor imaging.
>    - Denoising using Local PCA.
>    - Streamline-based registration (SLR).
>    - Fiber to bundle coherence (FBC) measures.
>    - Bayesian MRF-based tissue classification.
>    - New API for integrated user interfaces.
>    - New hdf5 file (.pam5) for saving reconstruction results.
>    - Interactive slicing of images, ODFs and peaks.
>    - Updated API to support latest numpy versions.
>    - New system for automatically generating command line interfaces.
>    - Faster computation of cross correlation for image registration.

>    To upgrade, run the following command in your terminal:

>    pip install --upgrade dipy

>    or

>    conda install -c conda-forge dipy

>    This version of DIPY depends on the latest version of nibabel (2.1.0).

>    For any questions go to http://dipy.org, or send an e-mail to
>    neuroimaging at python.org

>    We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at
>    https://gitter.im/nipy/dipy

>    On behalf of the DIPY developers,

>    Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro

>    http://dipy.org/developers.html

Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik