[Neuroimaging] Use of atlas to compute Z-Scores

Gabriel Reynés greynell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 06:05:13 EST 2018

Dear all,

I am a newbie in neuroimaging, I have some previous experience with SPM but
all self-taught, now I am trying to introduce myself to nipy and nilearn to
decrease as maximum the use of MATLAB.

I explain my problem. I have one brain (SPECT) image from a single patient
and I want to compare it to a set of normal patients. Both, single patient
and normal patients are registered and normalized to an SPM template.

I also have a registered brain atlas (AAL Atlas). I want to compute the
Z-Scores (patient vs normals) of each region of the atlas.

I am not able to use all atlas related function to solve this problem. I
searched throw all the manuals but I did not see any similar situation.
Which is the simplest procedure?

Thanks,

Gabriel