[Neuroimaging] Register an image with an existing warp

Pietro Astolfi pietroastolfi92 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:22:36 EST 2018

Hi All,

I am trying to exploit a pre-computed warp to co-register other images.
I am able to do complete this task with bash scripts that use tools provided by FSL or ANTs, but I would do the same task in python, in order to be independent from these tools (I don’t want neither to use the library dips.external.fsl).

A common use-case of this task could be the transformation of an image relative to a certain subject to the MNI space, by exploiting the warp provided by the HCP dataset.

I looked at the gallery of Dipy, and I only found this tutorial: http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/syn_registration_3d.html#example-syn-registration-3d <http://nipy.org/dipy/examples_built/syn_registration_3d.html#example-syn-registration-3d>

I struggled a bit with the class DiffeomorphicMap, especially I tried to create an instance of that class in which I loaded directly the warp,  but I’ve obtained only wrong results.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me solving this problem, and I also suggest to add a tutorial regarding this into the Dipy gallery.

Best regards,

Pietro