[Neuroimaging] [dipy] Problem with dipy.test()

Sara Sedlar sara.sedlar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 07:02:58 EST 2018

Hello,

I've installed dipy library from source on Ubuntu 16.04.
I have a problem when running dipy.test().
The following failure occurs:

FAIL: dipy.tracking.tests.test_utils.test_target_lb
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nose/case.py", line 197, in runTest
    self.test(*self.arg)
  File
"/home/sara/Science/software/dipy/dipy/tracking/tests/test_utils.py", line
238, in test_target_lb
    _target(target_line_based, streamlines, (1, 1, 1), (2, 1, 1), False)
  File
"/home/sara/Science/software/dipy/dipy/tracking/tests/test_utils.py", line
277, in _target
    assert_equal(len(new), 1)
AssertionError: 2 != 1

Ran 651 tests in 415.243s

FAILED (SKIP=21, failures=1)

I've tried to run the function test_target_lb separately, and the
AssertionError occurs
from time to time, depending on the random initialization of the affine
matrix.
Could you please tell me if this failure can be ignored?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Sara