[Neuroimaging] Running pysurfer under Ubuntu 18.04:

Michael Waskom mwaskom at nyu.edu
Fri Jul 6 18:25:58 EDT 2018

It's very likely not a pysurfer problem per se so I doubt that changing the
version of that will help.

Someone has reported the error to mayavi:
https://github.com/enthought/mayavi/issues/621. But I don't understand the
resolution.

It's likely some incompatibility between mayavi / vtk / the GUI library.
Trying a different GUI library (e.g. Qt) would be my first step.

I've used pysurfer/mayavi on ubuntu without issue, but that is installing
things using conda and not pip.