[Neuroimaging] [nipy/PySurfer] - add_foci in single-subject geometry

Gabriele Arnulfo tartuz at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:34:31 EDT 2018

Dear List,

I have been trying to plot channel positions for intracerebral recordings
in respect to single subject anatomy - i.e. pial surface.
Following the tutorial at
https://pysurfer.github.io/auto_examples/plot_foci.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-plot-foci-py
was able to plot foci in locations but those look far from being correct.

My contact positions are referenced to MRI-space but I know the
transformation to map tkRAS to scannerRAS based on Freesurfer
documentation. After applying that to my points, still those look in the
wrong place.  From the tutorial, points are expressed as MNI coordinates.

Can someone explain me which geometrical space the surfaces are rendered in
PySurfer with respect to original Freesurfer surface-space?

Thanks a lot for your time.

All the best,