[Neuroimaging] NiLabels to Nipy?

Sebastiano Ferraris sebastiano.ferraris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 12:23:04 EDT 2019

Esteemed members of the neuroimaging in python community,

During my last years of PhD I had made extensive use of the nipy libraries,
and I would like to thank your your time and efforts in this epic endeavour.

During the studies I also open sourced a project called NiLabels (strongly
based and influenced on Nibabel).
It consists of a toolbox based on a Facade design pattern, aimed at quickly
manipulate and measure image segmentations in various ways.

Here is the repo:
https://github.com/SebastianoF/nilabels

and a complete list of the features can be found here:
https://github.com/SebastianoF/nilabels/wiki/What-you-can-do-with-nilabels

There is room for improvements and for adding new features in future
versions.
Nonetheless, if you think it can be in the right place, I would like it to
be part of the nipy ecosystem.

I already proposed the idea to Matthew Brett, and if you agree he would
help me with the transition under the nipy group.

Many thanks!
Sebastiano