[Neuroimaging] NeuroHackademy 2019

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 22:48:35 EST 2019

We are happy to announce a call for applications to participate in
Neurohackademy 2019!

This two-week hands-on workshop held at the University of Washington
eScience Institute in Seattle, July 29th - August 9th, 2019, focuses on
tools and techniques used to analyze human neuroscience data, on methods
used to extract information from large datasets of publicly available data
(such as the Human Connectome Project, OpenfMRI, etc.), and on tools for
making human neuroscience research open and reproducible.

Neurohackademy sessions in the first week will include lectures and
tutorials on data science, machine learning, data visualization and data
resources. The second week will be devoted to participant-directed
activities: guided work on team projects, hackathon sessions, and breakout
sessions on topics of interest.

*For more details and a preliminary list of instructors, see:
**https://neurohackademy.org/
<https://neurohackademy.org/>*

We are now accepting applications to participate at:
https://neurohackademy.org/apply/

Ideally, applicants should have some prior experience with programming and
with neuroscience data analysis, but we welcome applications from
participants with a variety of relevant backgrounds.

Accepted applicants will be asked to pay a fee of $200 upon final
registration. This fee will include participation in the course,
accommodation in the UW dorms, and two meals a day (breakfast and lunch),
for the duration of the course. A limited number of fee waivers and travel
grants will be available. We encourage students with financial need and
students from groups that are underrepresented in neuroimaging and data
science to apply for these grants (see application form for details).

*Important dates:*
*February 18th: Application deadline*
*March 15th: Notification of acceptance*
*April 1st: Final registration deadline*

On behalf of the instructors,

Ariel Rokem, University of Washington
Tal Yarkoni, University of Texas, Austin