[Neuroimaging] Chris Markiewicz taking over as lead maintainer for nibabel

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 31 13:01:56 EST 2019

Thanks Matthew for all the work for many many years. I hope that you feel
the impact of what you have created: there is a thriving community of
happy Python neuroimagers, which is rapidly growing.

Cheers,

Gaël

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 05:55:24PM +0000, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,

> Just so y'all know, Chris has kindly agreed to take over the role of
> lead maintainer for nibabel.

> Well, I should say, he had kindly agreed to take on the title, because
> the observant among you will know he has effectively been doing that
> job for some time.

> We nibabelers don't have any real governance docs, but, as my last act
> as lead maintainer, I'm going propose the following:

> * the lead maintainer has veto power over commits to nibabel
> * they should use it only very rarely, when all possible compromises
> have been explored.

> If anyone disagrees with this little formalization, please do say.

> Thanks very much, as ever, to Chris, and good luck with the task, that
> you are already doing...

> Cheers,

> Matthew

    Gael Varoquaux
    Senior Researcher, INRIA Parietal
    NeuroSpin/CEA Saclay , Bat 145, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette France
    Phone:  ++ 33-1-69-08-79-68
    http://gael-varoquaux.info            http://twitter.com/GaelVaroquaux