[Neuroimaging] help using SPM beta images in python

Ashley Victoria Lawrence avlawrence at email.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 4 18:55:21 EST 2020

Hello,

I have beta images in nifti format which were created in SPM12 in Matlab.
I would like to take these already created beta images and perform further
analyses on them using python because I would like to write a searchlight
program. Unfortunately I am having trouble when loading the beta images
into python. I have been using

mydata = nib.load(beta.nii)
betadata = mydata.get_data()

However, this results in me just getting NAs or zeros in the shape of my
beta images which are [79,95,79]

When I view my nifti images in SPM they are not empty, so I'm sure there
must be something wrong with how I am loading them.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I am fairly new to python so
I appreciate any guidance you might be able to provide.

Thank you,
Ashley

--
Ashley V. Lawrence, M.A.