[Neuroimaging] ANN: openneuro-py, a new app for downloading OpenNeuro datasets

Richard Höchenberger richard.hoechenberger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 11:50:58 EST 2020

Hello, just to briefly comment on this one:

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 4:27 PM Christopher Markiewicz <
markiewicz at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> FWIW almost all public datasets have been pushed to GitHub and can be
> accessed via datalad (exceptions being tracked on these issues:
> https://github.com/OpenNeuroOrg/openneuro/issues/1741 and
> https://github.com/OpenNeuroOrg/openneuro/issues/1743).
>
>     datalad install https://github.com/OpenNeuroDatasets/ds00WXYZ.git

I specifically wanted to avoid using datalad for several reasons:

   - I've seen people struggle to install (esp. on macOS) and use it
   (including myself)
   - the sync between OpenNeuro and GitHub doesn't seem to work reliably,
   so we were having trouble retrieving the latest revisions of datasets using
   datalad
   - as far as I understand, there's no way to download a specific revision
   (version number) of a dataset using datalad

openneuro-py attempts to do away with these issues.

Best wishes,

    Richard