[Neuroimaging] 2 questions about Image processing on nifti images

PLANTIN Baptiste baptiste.plantin at altran.com
Fri Feb 28 09:21:31 EST 2020

Hello team,

Looking recently about MRI, I'm starting to work using your tool and I have two questions, one relative to a method and one about dataset nii.gz :

-        I'm actually use the Sobel filter on a .nii slices. If the process is successfully done, I don't know how to create a new nifty image as a Sobel version of the original one. I tried this method:

·        Load the original nifty image as "img"

·        Load again the original image as "Sobel"

·        Use the Sobel filtering on each slices

·        For each slices (for loop), replace the slice in "Sobel" to the new filtered slice

·        Save the new Sobel image in the file as "imSobelNumX"

This method don't work, it seems the slices are not replaced. It is due to the particular format or it is due to Python compiler ?

-        Is there are a nii.gz dataset of the entire (And healthy) body somewhere in order to use it as reference for detection ? I found only a GIF in internet actually (http://www.madsci.org/~lynn/VH/Transverse.gif)

Thank you and best regards,

Cordialement,
Baptiste PLANTIN

Ingénieur Consultant
ALTRAN IDF
baptiste.plantin at altran.com<mailto:baptiste.plantin at altran.com>

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D2E8E2.CBD89F30]
2, rue Paul Dautier
78457 Vélizy Villacoublay
FRANCE
www.altran.com/fr<http://www.altran.com/fr%0d>
[cid:image004.jpg at 01D2E8E2.CBD89F30]<https://twitter.com/AltranFR>  [cid:image005.jpg at 01D2E8E2.CBD89F30] <https://www.facebook.com/AltranFrance>    [cid:image006.jpg at 01D2E8E2.CBD89F30] <https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/3124/>