[Neuroimaging] ANN: DIPY 1.3.0
markiewicz at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 10 11:00:47 EST 2020
Congrats, team DIPY!
From: Neuroimaging <neuroimaging-bounces+markiewicz=stanford.edu at python.org> on behalf of Eleftherios Garyfallidis <garyfallidis at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 10:14 AM
To: Neuroimaging analysis in Python <neuroimaging at python.org>
Subject: [Neuroimaging] ANN: DIPY 1.3.0
We are excited to announce a new release of DIPY: DIPY 1.3 is out!
Please support us by citing DIPY in your papers using the following DOI: 10.3389/fninf.2014.00008 <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24600385>
DIPY 1.3.0 (Wednesday, 3 November 2020)
This release received contributions from 27 developers (the full release notes are at: https://dipy.org/documentation/1.3.0./release_notes/release1.3/). Thank you all for your contributions and feedback!
Please click here<https://dipy.org/documentation/1.3.0./api_changes/> to check API changes.
Highlights of this release include:
- Gibbs ringing correction 10X faster.
- Spherical harmonics basis definitions updated.
- Added SMT2 metrics from mean signal diffusion kurtosis.
- New interface functions added to the registration module.
- New linear transform added to the registration module.
- New tutorials for DIPY command line interfaces.
- Fixed compatibility issues with different dependencies.
- Tqdm (multiplatform progress bar) dependency added.
- Large documentation update.
- Bundle section highlight from BUAN added in Horizon.
- Closed 134 issues and merged 49 pull requests.
Have in mind that DIPY does not support Python 2 after version 0.16.0. All major Python projects have switched to Python 3. It is time that you switch too.
To upgrade or install<http://dipy.org/release0.10.html> DIPY
Run the following command in your terminal: <http://dipy.org/release0.10.html>
pip install --upgrade dipy
conda install -c conda-forge dipy
This version of DIPY depends on nibabel (3.0.0+).
For visualization you need FURY (0.6.1+).
Questions or suggestions?
For any questions go to https://dipy.org<https://dipy.org/>, or send an e-mail to dipy at python.org<mailto:neuroimaging at python.org>
We also have an instant messaging service and chat room available at https://gitter.im/dipy/dipy
On behalf of the DIPY developers,
Eleftherios Garyfallidis, Ariel Rokem, Serge Koudoro
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Neuroimaging