[Neuroimaging] [DIPY] pip question

Megan Schendel mschendel at mrn.org
Thu Sep 3 17:10:06 EDT 2020

Hi all,
I am following instructions from the mne python conda environment
<https://mne.tools/stable/install/mne_python.html#installing-mne-python-and-its-dependencies>
to update.  It includes...
dependencies:
- pip:
  - dipy --only-binary dipy

Below is the conda update command, and later, the error when it tries to do
the dipy update.
Should I change the line of the environment.yml file?
FYI, I have a previous installation showing dipy... and your instructions
say to remove that before trying to update.

Does the environment.yml line need to be changed?
Thanks for any help/advice.
Megan Schendel

>From terminal:
conda env update --file environment.yml
Using Anaconda Cloud api site https://api.anaconda.org
Fetching package metadata ...........
Solving package specifications: .
ERROR: Invalid requirement: 'dipy --only-binary dipy'

>From python:
>>> import dipy
>>> dipy.__file__
'/export/research/analysis/human/jstephen/shared/programs/python/anaconda3/lib/python3.5/site-packages/dipy/__init__.py'

MEG Technician
The Mind Research Network
1101 Yale Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106