[Neuroimaging] Nibabel CZI grant - starting work

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 06:06:19 EDT 2021

Dear all,

You’ve already heard echoes about this on the list, but Nibabel now
has a Chan Zuckerberg Initiative grant from their Essential
Open-source Software for Science series.

All the details are here:

https://github.com/matthew-brett/czi-nibabel

We actually got the grant back in October last year, to start in
January, but I (Matthew) had some trouble negotiating time for the
work.  That is now resolved and we have the money ready to spend, and
the time to work on it.

We are planning to get going on the grant work starting this week
(starting 5 July).  You can see the general schedule in the work plan
in the Github repo above.  In particular, we will get going on the
planned milestones:

https://github.com/matthew-brett/czi-nibabel/blob/master/milestones.md

I will be starting work on the axis labelling / metadata API, and
better DICOM integration.  Chris will be ramping up work on the
surface API.  Oscar will be extending the surface transform work.

We’re emailing now to warn you that you will see more activity appear
quite quickly, and we would really appreciate help in reviewing. We
would love to hear from any of you who have particular interest in
these topics.

Cheers,

Matthew, Chris, Oscar