[New-bugs-announce] [issue10111] Minor problems with PyFileObject documentation (Doc/c-api/file.rst)
report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 15 08:50:08 CEST 2010
New submission from Paul Bolle <pebolle at tiscali.nl>:
0) I ran into some (small) problems with the documentation added by revision 62195 (see issue 815646 for background).
1) A small patch that addresses two problems with the Python 2.7 documentation should be attached:
- link three occurrences of "GIL" to the GIL entry in the glossary; and
- add some example code to clarify the usage of PyFile_IncUseCount() andPyFile_DecUseCount().
2) That patch also adds a link to the "Thread State and the Global Interpreter Lock" section to the GIL entry in the Documentation index. That is a separate problem. But fixing that minor problem could also be of help to people (like me) that need to better understand the GIL aspects of those two functions.
assignee: docs at python
nosy: docs at python, pebolle
title: Minor problems with PyFileObject documentation (Doc/c-api/file.rst)
versions: Python 2.7
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file19241/python-2.7-Doc-gil.patch
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce