[New-bugs-announce] [issue10908] Improvements to trace._Ignore
report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jan 14 16:52:56 CET 2011
New submission from SilentGhost <ghost.adh at gmail.com>:
In the course of fixing #10896 I've noticed a few things:
1. --ignore-dir='$prefix' doesn't work on windows. I don't know if it has to, there is no information in docs regarding it at all. It does work on Unix.
2. The way module check is done is inefficient.
3. I'm not sure if filename could ever get the value of None in _Ignore.names (there is check for that though)
4. it's not clear why _Ignore initialised with default values of None, that path was never exercised and while I've added a test for it, I'm actually not sure if it's needed.
5. general clean up was needed for the code dealing with ignoring.
Attached is the patch.
The only change, that I consider beneficial, is that the ignored dir doesn't have actually be a directory.
components: Library (Lib)
keywords: easy, patch
nosy: SilentGhost, belopolsky, vrutsky
title: Improvements to trace._Ignore
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.1, Python 3.2
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file20407/trace_ignore.diff
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce