[New-bugs-announce] [issue11011] More functools functions
report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jan 25 23:32:22 CET 2011
New submission from Jason Baker <amnorvend at gmail.com>:
I've created a patch that adds some common functional programming tools to functools. I've made the patch to work against Python 3.2, but that may be a bit aggressive. If so, then I can adapt it to work with 3.3.
I also wouldn't be opposed to writing some of these in C if there's a performance need.
The functions I added are:
* flip - flip the first two arguments of a function
* const - return a function that always returns the same thing
* compose - compose multiple functions together
* identity - returns what is passed in to it
* trampoline - calls a function and then calls any returned functions.
components: Library (Lib)
title: More functools functions
versions: Python 3.2, Python 3.3
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file20520/functools.patch
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce