[New-bugs-announce] [issue13101] Module Doc viewer closes when browser window closes on Windows 8
report at bugs.python.org
Tue Oct 4 20:36:49 CEST 2011
New submission from Brian Curtin <brian at python.org>:
Reported by Ryan Wells (v-rywel at microsoft.com) of Microsoft, in reference to a problem with the Module Doc viewer on Windows 8 when using Internet Explorer 10. This was reported on 3.2.2, but it's likely the same on 2.7.
Reference #: 70652
Description of the Problem: The application Python Module Doc is automatically closed when Internet Explorer 10 is closed.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Windows Developer Preview
2. Install Python 3.2.2
3. Launch Module Doc. Start Menu -> All Program -> Python -> Manual Docs
4. Click on the button open browser
5. It should open the site http://localhost:7464/ In Internet Explorer 10 and the contents should be displayed
6. Should be able to view list of Modules, Scripts, DLLs, and Libraries etc.
7. Close Internet Explorer
Expected Result: Internet Explorer 10 should only get closed and we should be able to work with the application Module Doc.
Actual Result: The application Module Doc is closed with Internet Explorer 10.
Developer Notes: There is likely a difference in return values between IE8 and IE9/10 when launched from the app.
assignee: docs at python
components: Documentation, Windows
nosy: brian.curtin, docs at python
title: Module Doc viewer closes when browser window closes on Windows 8
versions: Python 3.3
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce