[New-bugs-announce] [issue15539] Fixing Tools/scripts/pindent.py
report at bugs.python.org
Thu Aug 2 18:24:36 CEST 2012
New submission from Serhiy Storchaka:
Here is a patch which fixes some bugs in Tools/scripts/pindent.py and modernizes it with regard to the new Python features abilities that have made since 1994.
1. Now pindent works with "with".
2. Now pindent does not produce improper indentation (tabs by default for space-indented file). It uses for the end-marks indentation the same sequence of whitespaces that for start operator indentation.
3. Now pindent works with escaped newline "\\\n" at start of line and after "class" and "def".
4. Now pindent does not produce indentation for empty line.
5. Fixed one type in help message.
6. Using io.StringIO.
7. Using booleans, augmented assignments, list.pop(), with operators, etc.
components: Demos and Tools
title: Fixing Tools/scripts/pindent.py
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.2, Python 3.3
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file26665/pindent.patch
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce