[New-bugs-announce] [issue15739] Python crashes with "Bus error: 10"
report at bugs.python.org
Mon Aug 20 15:47:14 CEST 2012
New submission from Apple Grew:
Python crashes when I try to access (by sending http request from borwser) my Django application.
OS: Mac OSX Lion
Python version: 2.7.1 (This was pre-bundled with OS and not a MacPort).
There isn't a simple test case but I do have an open source app which where I am able to replicate this always on my system.
0. Make sure you have Django 1.4 installed.
1. Download the code at https://github.com/applegrew/django-select2/tree/v1.1-PythonCrasher
2. cd to django-select2/testapp folder.
3. Use python manage.py runserver & to run the server.
4. Now try accessing http://127.0.0.1:8000/ . It should crash immediately.
Lines which seem to cause the crash. Follow the following instructions and the application won't crash again.
1. Open django_select2/fields.py.
2. Comment line 128, uncomment line 129.
3. Uncomment line 156 and comment lines 158 and 159.
4. Now run the app again. This time it should work.
components: Interpreter Core
files: Process Python.txt
nosy: Apple Grew
title: Python crashes with "Bus error: 10"
versions: Python 2.7
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file26929/Process Python.txt
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce