[New-bugs-announce] [issue17918] failed incoming SSL connection stays open forever
report at bugs.python.org
Mon May 6 16:27:32 CEST 2013
New submission from Peter Saveliev:
Important: only Python2 versions are affected. Python3 works OK.
Possibly related issue: http://bugs.python.org/issue12378 (differs: see the line above)
Having a server with SSLSocket waiting for connections, the incoming connection, failed on automatic do_handshake(), stays open forever — accept() raises the SSLError and does not return client connection socket.
Steps to reproduce
1. create a SOCK_STREAM socket
2. wrap it with wrap_socket()
1. telnet to this port
2. enter any random text
In all 146%
1. Incoming connection is closed and client disconnected
1. On the server side, due to exception, the reference to the incoming connection gets lost.
2. The client stays connected as long as the server operates.
title: failed incoming SSL connection stays open forever
type: resource usage
versions: Python 2.6, Python 2.7
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file30150/ssl_handshake_testcase.py
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce