[New-bugs-announce] [issue35299] LGHT0091: Duplicate symbol 'File:include_pyconfig.h' found
report at bugs.python.org
Fri Nov 23 01:31:25 EST 2018
New submission from Jorge Ramos <neyuru at gmail.com>:
Build of Python 3.6.7 fails with error
"LGHT0091: Duplicate symbol 'File:include_pyconfig.h' found"
I am using Windows 10 64bit.
Steps to reproduce this error:
1) Install Visual Studio 2017 (With the python development and native dev tools) (I have also installed NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit but I don't think this matters)
2) Download source code from Python to folder E:\RepoGit\3.6 (this is the download folder)
3) Open a command prompt, navigate to "E:\RepoGit" and run "PCBuild\build.bat -p x64"
4) Close the command prompt
5) Copy file pyconfig.h file from E:\RepoGit\3.6\PC and paste it to E:\RepoGit\3.6\include. Also, create an environment variable called "LIB" that contains the folder "E:\RepoGiT\3.6\PCbuild\amd64" (this folder was created at step 3)
6) Open a command prompt and run "Tools\msi\buildrelease.bat -x64"
NOTE1: if step 5 is skipped, the overall build does not fail, but the PGInstrument x64 Interpreter fails in distutils with error "E:\RepoGiT\3.6\include\Python.h(8): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'pyconfig.h': No such file or directory", as shown in message https://bugs.python.org/msg329247 of issue https://bugs.python.org/issue35157
NOTE2: if pyconfig.h in step 5 is copied but the environment variable is not created, the PGInstrument x64 Interpreter fails in distutils with error "LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python36.lib'", and the overall build fails with the same error shown in the title of this Issue.
NOTE3: If all the steps are run, the PGInstrument x64 Interpreter succeeds in its tests but the overall build fails with the error shown in the title of this issue. All the verbose of this compilation is included in the file attached.
components: Build, Windows
nosy: neyuru, paul.moore, steve.dower, tim.golden, zach.ware
title: LGHT0091: Duplicate symbol 'File:include_pyconfig.h' found
type: compile error
versions: Python 3.6
Added file: https://bugs.python.org/file47941/LIBenRepogiT.txt
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce