[New-bugs-announce] [issue44183] Can't install certificates if GUI tools are not installed on macOS
Joseph Trask Still
report at bugs.python.org
Wed May 19 23:04:07 EDT 2021
New submission from Joseph Trask Still <thetechconspiracy at outlook.com>:
This issue occurs on my M1 MacBook Pro running macOS 11.3.1.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the Python installation package
2. When asked where to install the package, click "Customize" at the bottom of the dialog
3. Uncheck the GUI Tools option
4. Proceed through the installation as normal
5. At the conclusion of the installation, when offered to install certificates, click either the Finder link, or the link to the ReadMe. The system will play the error sound, and nothing will open.
The issue appears to occur due to the fact the Python 3.9 folder is not created in Applications if the GUI Tools are not installed.
title: Can't install certificates if GUI tools are not installed on macOS
versions: Python 3.9
Python tracker <report at bugs.python.org>
More information about the New-bugs-announce