[Numpy-discussion] Polynomial factorization?

J. Milgram milgram at cgpp.com
Sun Jul 16 15:36:53 EDT 2000

Hi - I need to do prime factorization of some polynomials with integer
coefficients. It would seem the Berlekamp algorithm would be what I
want but I also admit to almost total ignorance on the subject. I'm
having trouble even understanding how the algorithm works so I'm
probably not the best person to be implementing it. But I may give it
a try.

Is anyone already working on a Python implementation of this? Or any
tips on how to proceed?  Pointers to other freeware solutions? I
prefer something that can be re-written in or modularized into Python
but even if not, that's no big deal.

The alternative is to purchase one of the symbolic algebra packages
like Maple or Mathematica etc.

thanks

Judah

Judah Milgram        milgram at cgpp.com