[Numpy-discussion] Volunteer sought for BLAS/LINPACK restructure

Paul F. Dubois pauldubois at home.com
Mon Mar 6 13:50:19 EST 2000

We are seeking a volunteer developer for Numeric who will remove the current
BLAS/LINPACK lite stuff in favor of linking to whatever the native version
is on a particular machine. The current default is that you have to work
harder to get the good ones than our bad ones; we want to reverse that.

We have gotten a lot of complaints about the current situation and while we
are aware of the counter arguments the Council of Nummies has reached a
consensus to do this.

A truly excited volunteer would widen the amount of stuff that the interface
can get to. They would work via the CVS tree; see
http://numpy.sourceforge.net. Please reply to dubois at users.sourceforge.net.