[Numpy-discussion] HTML/SGML docs

Hassan Aurag aurag
Tue May 9 11:37:29 EDT 2000

 Ok,

 I am looking at suggestions. I have already looked at another NumPy doc that
looks like Python online docs.

  What I really would like to do is have:

  -A way of retrieving from a stable web page the TOC of documentation that I'd
then put in a custom gnome-tree-like widget and when the user clicks on one item
it'd open a link to online corresponding page.

  -An entry widget that'd have a search item that look in index of docs (online)
and return all possible choices then when user chooses one show the
corresponding page.

  -A bookmarking facility so that users can go back quickly to places they have
seen.

  -The choice to download the whole .tar.gz thing to browse off-line.

  All of the above is easy to implement, and I have already started doing so
with GMatH (http://gmath.sourceforge.net), provided there is a known stable
place where to look for these docs.

  I already have a place to look for, but I forgot the address.

  All I need is some nifty .py thing that'd fetch the TOC, and index (from web
site) and search through that index. I am not very good with urllib or httpblib,
so any help is welcome.

  Thanks

<numpy-discussion at lists.sourceforge.net>