[Numpy-discussion] Static linking with Python 2.0 (Setup.local)

Sam Tannous stannous at cisco.com
Thu Nov 2 21:45:24 EST 2000

I successfully installed the latest release with the
distutils package. But now I need to statically link
the Numeric package into my Python 2.0 interpreter
(it's easier for me to ship "frozen" python binaries
for some lab machines...one file instead of hundreds).

Could anyone please email me (or post) the section
of your Modules/Setup.local that can do this?
Something like:

_numpy _numpymodule.c -L/users/stannous/lib -L/usr/lib -lm -I/users/stannous/include

just doesn't work...

TIA,
Sam