[Numpy-discussion] 17.2 source release

Paul F. Dubois pauldubois at home.com
Mon Nov 27 19:45:01 EST 2000

I have released 17.2. This is essentially a catch-up-to-CVS release. If you
don't upgrade nothing astonishing will be missing from your life, unless you
are using MA, which has been worked on some since 17.1.

I installed a performance enhancement submitted by Pete Shinners, who said:
"I've got a quick optimization for the arrayobject.c source.
it speeds my usage of numpy up by about 100%. i've tested with
other numpy apps and noticed a minimum of about 20% speed."