[Numpy-discussion] next step for numarray

Perry Greenfield perry at stsci.edu
Thu Dec 20 10:48:02 EST 2001

I just thought I would write a few words about what will be
happening with numarray development. At the moment it is
quiescent since we have another internal project to finish.
Hopefully that will be done in 3 weeks or so; we will start
work on numarray again. I've gotten feedback from Guido
regarding the safety issue; he made it clear that we should
not be able to let the user crash Python, even if they can
do that only by bypassing the public interface. Since there
may be implications for the C-API we are making that our
highest priority (though I don't think it will seriously
change the API).

Thanks for the feedback so far. We will raise other
specific issues as we get closer to dealing with them.

Perry