[Numpy-discussion] Meta: too many numerical libraries doing the same thing?

Jonathan M. Gilligan jonathan.gilligan at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Dec 10 15:05:01 EST 2001

I don't know too much. From what I have read, it seems that the money dried
up with the .com crash, The $800,000 allocated for development never
materialized, and the project head left for greener pastures.

Some of the projects that won the SC design competition have moved to
SourceForge, where they show some life
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/roundup/,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scons/). The big thing, from what I know
(which is not much), is that the promise of almost a million dollars of
federal funding for this project seems to have evaporated.