[Numpy-discussion] multipack

Jim Boyle boyle5 at llnl.gov
Fri Jan 19 12:33:22 EST 2001

Thanks to Arne and Paul I took the time to find out what was going
on. It turns out that the CVS has multipack 0.8 and Travis added the
cephes, numpyio and sigtools modules to multipack in going from 0.7
to 0.8. I did the usual things to account for a non-standard python
location at the topmost level of Multipack as I had before with 0.7
but should have also tweaked the Makefiles in the cephes, numpyio and
sigtools directories. The result was that these modules were built
with Python 1.5 and all the others with 2.0 and I confused myself as
to where the problem was.

But when I tried to build the cephes module using Python 2.0 I got
the following error:
gcc -O2 -I/usr/local/include/python2.0    -c -o amos_wrappers.o amos_wrappers.c
In file included from cephes/mconf.h:162,
                  from amos_wrappers.h:12,
                  from amos_wrappers.c:8:
cephes/protos.h:67: parse error before `sizeof'
cephes/protos.h:68: parse error before `sizeof'
cephes/protos.h:69: parse error before `sizeof'
make: *** [amos_wrappers.o] Error 1

the line:
gcc -O2 -I/usr/local/include/python1.5 -c -o amos_wrappers.o amos_wrappers.c

works fine. I have tried this on another machine with Python 2.0 and
got the same
error. The Python.h includes changed quite a bit in going from 1.5 to 2.0.
Any ideas as to what is wrong would be welcome.
  Has anyone installed multipack 0.8 using Python 2.0?

Jim