[Numpy-discussion] Ever hear of ROOT?

Phlip pplumlee at omnigon.com
Mon Jan 22 13:26:41 EST 2001

Nummies:

A colleague recently asked me to look up something called "ROOT". I
complained "I can't e-search for  'root'! I'd get a million false hits!"

ROOT's here:

	http://root.cern.ch

It's a high-end version of programs like GnuPlot or  OpenDx; it's written
for  physicists at CERN, and it can handle terabyte databases.

The bad news it bonds to a questionable "C++ Interpreter" for its
scripting end. We all know that interpreting a language designed to be
compiled represents the worst of both worlds.

Has anyone plugged their  NumericPython into ROOT? How hard could that be?

  Phlip                          phlip_cpp at my-deja.com
============ http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PhlIp ============
  --  http://users.deltanet.com/~tegan/home.html  --