[Numpy-discussion] pgcc (Portland Group C compiler) performance improvements for Numeric applications?

Joe Van Andel vanandel at atd.ucar.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:55:03 EDT 2001

Has anyone benchmarked their Numeric applications using 'pgcc'?  I'm
interested in improving the performance of my Numeric Python code, and
I'm wondering what speedup I might achieve, just by re-compiling Python,
Numeric, and my extensions with pgcc.  (We currently use gcc 2.95.3)

Also, has anyone used the multiprocessor (OpenMP) or CDK (Cluster
Development Kit) tools from Portland Group?
--
Joe VanAndel
http://www.atd.ucar.edu/~vanandel/
Internet: vanandel at ucar.edu