[Numpy-discussion] Offset 2D arrays

Eric Nodwell nodwell at physics.ubc.ca
Mon Sep 17 16:35:03 EDT 2001

Mike,

As was pointed out to me when I had a similar query, one way to do
this is to define a class which inherits UserArray and refine indexing
and slicing.  I actually shifted by an offset of one in the opposite
direction to what you seem to require.  I had intended to generalize
to arbitrary offsets, but haven't had the time yet.  Anyway, you're
welcome to grab my code at
http://www.physics.ubc.ca/~mbelab/python/arrayone as a starting point
for your class.  There are still some issues and quirkiness with the
code, but they're documented along with work-arounds, and suggestions
for fixes have been made on this mailing list.  Again, it's a matter
of time...

regards,
Eric