[Numpy-discussion] FAST and EASY data plotting for Python, NumPy and Qt
gvermeul at labs.polycnrs-gre.fr
Wed Sep 26 05:18:02 EDT 2001
FAST and EASY data plotting for Python, NumPy and Qt
PyQwt is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library. The Qwt
library extend the Qt framework with widgets for Scientific and Engineering
applications. It contains QwtPlot, a 2d plotting widget, and widgets for data
input/output such as and QwtCounter, QwtKnob, QwtThermo and QwtWheel.
PyQwt requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
PyQwt requires NumPy. NumPy extends the Python language with new data types
that make Python an ideal language for numerical computing and experimentation
(like MatLab, but better).
The home page of PyQwt is http://gerard.vermeulen.free.fr
NEW in PyQwt-0.29.91:
1. compatible with PyQt-2.5/sip-2.5 and PyQt-2.4/sip-2.4.
2. compatible with NumPy-20.2.0, and lower.
3. *.exe installer for Windows (requires Qt-2.3.0-NC).
4. build instructions for Windows and other versions of Qt.
5. HTML documentation with installation instructions and a reference listing
the Python calls to PyQwt that are different from the corresponding C++
calls to Qwt.
6. fixed reference counting bug in the methods with NumPy arrays as arguments.
7. new methods:
8. changed methods:
QwtCurve.verifyRange() -- cleaned up interface
QwtPlot.adjust() -- is now fully implemented
QwtPlot.enableLegend() -- (de)selects all items or a single item
9. removed methods (incompatible with Python, because unsafe, even in C++):
More information about the NumPy-Discussion