[Numpy-discussion] Indexing in MATLAB

Chris Barker chrishbarker at home.net
Mon Sep 17 16:23:01 EDT 2001

OOPS! I replied to an arbitray message to get the address,and I forgot
to change the subject, so here is the same message I just posted, but
with an appropriate subject.

Hi all,

The MATLAB Digest just put out a little article about array indexing in
MATLAB. I thought some of yo might find it interesting, and it might
give some ideas for NumPy2. Most of what MATLAB has, NumPy has an
equivalent, but I would love to see what matlab calls vector indexing,
and a more natural way to do masks.

I know vector indexing would be a pretty tricky thing to have work, at
least with slices being references and all, but it would be a very nice
thing!! Perhaps some brilliant person can figure out an elegant and
efficient way to do it.

Here is where you will find the article:

http://www.mathworks.com/company/digest/sept01/matrix.shtml

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,