[Numpy-discussion] Graphs in numarray?

Morten Kjeldgaard mok at imsb.au.dk
Tue Apr 23 04:21:03 EDT 2002

> simple dict-based stuff -- more performance is needed). kjbuckets
> looks like a nice alternative, as does the Boost Graph Library (not

Kjbuckets is *very* nice indeed. It is a compact and very fast
implementation. I don't see why you'd want to wrap this functionality into
NumPy, which has a very well-defined scope and an efficient implentation.
It would be a shame to bloat it with something which is discretely
different.

I have modified kjbuckets so that it compiles and works with Python 2.x.
You can pick it up at

ftp://xray.imsb.au.dk
/pub/birdwash/packages/Python2.1/SRPMS/python-kjbuckets-2.2-7.src.rpm

Just do "rpm --rebuild" on it.

I sent the patch to the original author, but it appears he is no longer
maintaining it. Never mind, it works great.

/Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard   <mok at imsb.au.dk>             | Phone : +45 89 42 50 26
Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology    | Fax   : +45 86 12 31 78