[Numpy-discussion] [ANNOUNCE] Pyfort 8.2 and video tutorials for Python, Pyfort

Paul F Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Thu Aug 15 11:41:01 EDT 2002

Pyfortran 8.2 is available. The setup bug for Windows is fixed and a -n
option has been added to just generate glue code and stop.

Video tutorials are now available at http://esg.llnl.gov/cdat/ (go to
documentation and tutorials).  There are instructions online about how
to set up your computer to play these videos. The Linux instructions may
or may not work for you; for the moment we recommend viewing from
Windows.

These tutorials are mostly for CDAT users, but there are two for Pyfort
and one short "Introduction to Python". Our most excellent summer
student from USC, Tasha Drew, got everything working.