[Numpy-discussion] Sparse matricies

Andrew P. Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Mon Jan 7 22:19:05 EST 2002

I just looked through the archives and the web searches and didn't really
find anything current on sparse matricies.

Is there anything current for Python which handles sparse matrix codes?

If someone is looking for a C implementation of sparse matrix handlers, I
would refer to the sparse matrix package developed at Berekeley which
is part of the Spice 3f4 circuit simulator (released under a modified
old-style BSD license).  I can provide pointers if they are desired.

My goal is to actually create a useful circuit simulator wholly in Python
so that it would be useful for both teaching and modification in special
cases.

Andy L.