[Numpy-discussion] taking on new EM simulator project- ASAP

Rob rob at pythonemproject.com
Thu Jan 10 06:49:16 EST 2002

This one will be interesting.  I'm going to convert the Fortran ASAP MoM
simulator to Numpy.  I've already started and its bringing back bad
memories of punch cards, etc.  ASAP is a viable alternative to NEC2 for
wire antennas, as it uses the Sommerfield conditions for imperfect
ground.  And its not too long of a program to port.  The heavy stuff
will be I/O.  Fortunately, I can use f2c to decode the format statements
:)

Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project