[Numpy-discussion] viewing Gridded or Polar data?

Rob rob at pythonemproject.com
Thu Jan 17 07:09:06 EST 2002

Animabob does that but I don't think it specificially handles NetCDF
files.  You can define your own color mapping file with Animabob.
OpenDX has that capasbility.  I've tried OpenDX, but all versions
FreeBSD, and Cygwin that I tried dumped core upon trying to plot.
Perhaps they've fixed that- it was fixed in CVS but not in the dist
files.

Rob.

Joe Van Andel wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a visualization package that would display arrays
> of numbers by mapping values to a set of colors?  That is, we define 32
> colors, where the first color represents values 0-10, the second color
> represents 10-20, etc, and then each input value gets displayed as its
> corresponding color.
>
> I'd like to read netCDF files, if possible.
>
> Thanks much!
>
> --
> Joe VanAndel
> http://www.atd.ucar.edu/~vanandel/