[Numpy-discussion] viewing Gridded or Polar data?

Eric Nodwell nodwell at physics.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 17 08:52:02 EST 2002

You might want to have a look at Gri (http://gri.sourceforge.net/).
Gri can read netCDF files.

Here's the little blurb from their site:

"Gri is a language for scientific graphics programming. The word
"language" is important: Gri is command-driven, not point/click. Some
users consider Gri similar to LaTeX, since both provide extensive
power as a reward for tolerating a learning curve.  Gri can make x-y
graphs, contour graphs, and image graphs. The output is in
PostScript..."

Since gri is command-driven, it's easy to call it from within python.

Gri won't display the data for you - it will only generate the
PostScript file, which you can then display with any number of tools.

Eric