[Numpy-discussion] Please help me test a new setup.py

Gerard Vermeulen gvermeul at polycnrs-gre.fr
Fri Jan 18 00:57:08 EST 2002

If I do

setup.py bdist_rpm

then 'Numeric.pth' does not end up in the binary RPM with Python-2.1.1

The reason is that rpm does something like

setup.py install --root=~/tmp --record=record.txt

and apparently the distutils part that handles --record is broken as
shown by 'grep pth record.txt'.

Paul, do you want me to 'fix' distutils (meaning overriding the
install command, so that record.txt contains all files)? Or are you
willing to use the pth_install_data class that does not work on Windows?

Gerard