[Numpy-discussion] Bug: extremely misleading array behavior

Paul F Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Mon Jun 3 09:56:01 EDT 2002

Konrad said:

> The best solution, in my opinion, is to provide scalar
> objects corresponding to low-precision ints and floats, as
> part of NumPy.
>
> Konrad.

One of the thoughts I had in mind for the "kinds" proposal was to
support this. I was going to do the float32 object as part of it as a
demo of how it would work. So I got out the float object from Python,
figuring I would just change a few types et voila. Not. It is very hard
to understand, and I don't even understand the reasons it is hard to
understand. Perhaps a young person with a high tolerance for pain would
look at this?