[Numpy-discussion] Numerical Python 21.0 released

Paul F Dubois paul at pfdubois.com
Thu Mar 14 11:43:15 EST 2002

Gerard Vermeulen asked me to remove the RPMs from SourceForge, and I
have done so. Apparently what is made by default is not useful except
for me.

I absolutely refuse to learn about RPMs; it is not useful for my job. If
the RPM-cult wants this stuff to work then I need patches to setup.py
that ALWAYS produce a suitable RPM, or a volunteer who will make and
install such files for each release. I
will run an automated test if supplied but it can't interfere with my
system or require superuser privs, because I don't have that.

I appreciate people trying to help and I'm sorry if it wasn't clear just
how incompetent I intend to be on this.