[Numpy-discussion] adding a .M attribute to the array.

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Wed Mar 6 13:25:25 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Paul F Dubois wrote:

> If you have never looked at MA, please examine source file
> Packages/MA/Lib/MA.py before commenting. This file is fairly complex and

You mean those who never used MA should take a day off to read 2000 line
code in order to understand the implications of using MA and give a
comment? ;-)

Indeed, I have never used MA but as a first look it does not look too
promising regarding performance: e.g. there seem to be lots of python code
involved to apply a simple multiplication of arrays. Could someone more
familiar with MA give a comment on performance issues, especially, keeping
in mind number crunchers?

Pearu